[C320-list] Lewmar Hatches

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Fri Jul 25 04:13:44 PDT 2014

Bill,

Here is the procedure you need to follow:
http://blog.taas.it/2013/05/for-catalina-36-ia-community.html

It's from a Catalina 36, and they are repairing a non-opening port, but
the problem and the process is the same. I followed this process on mine
and the results were great!

Some comments and things I did differently:

1. With the opening ports, it's much easier to mask off the frame.

2. Use high quality no-residue tape for easy clean-up.

3. I used 3M 4200 sealant.

4. While you have the inside frames off, make sure all of the screws on
the inside that keep the frame tight to the fiberglass are equally
tight. I found some screws that may have worked themselves loose over
the years.

Good luck!

---
Doug Treff