[C320-list] Washdown pump

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 25 17:18:38 PDT 2015

I would second David's suggestion of having either a quick way to drain or to flush the line to the washdown spigot. The standing water in it  gets just as smelly as the inlet hose to the head gets after a week or so (took me forever to track down why the forward starboard locker has such a bad smell). I installed a drain just after the dedicated thru hull for the washdown so I can quickly drain the system if it's not going to be used for awhile. Works well for winterizing too.

For those who are in areas where the macerator will never be used (like the Great Lakes) you can use the holding tank drain thru hull as the inlet for the washdown pump. Easy to convert back to the original set up should you need to.

Jim Brown