[C320-list] Hose Priming on Replacement?

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Mon Apr 27 06:53:36 PDT 2015

The Yanmar raw water pump should prime itself after replacing the hose
since the pump is pretty much at the water line. Just don't run it too
long with no water coming out of the muffler. Some people think you
should lube the impeller with a water soluble lube before start up to
help the pump prime and reduce friction until there is water running
through it.

The two lines running to the water heater are filled with engine
coolant, not water.  Replacing them requires first draining the coolant
from the engine and then refilling afterwards. No priming is necessary,
but you will want to check the coolant level after a few minutes of
running in order to make sure that any air bubbles have worked their way
out.

Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653