[C320-list] Sailing in Florida?

Bob and Barb Uhlman uhlman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 30 12:28:40 PDT 2015

Jeff and Michele, we winter in Punta Gorda, the next town north of Cape Coral that Diane wrote of.  See recent Travel Weekly article:Charlotte Harbor's laid-back charms: Travel Weekly

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Charlotte Harbor's laid-back charms: Travel WeeklyAlmost a throwback to calmer, quieter Florida days and nights, the area still has a wide range of things to see and do. |
|  |
| View on www.travelweekly.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

>From Punta Gorda, we can day sail around Charlotte Harbor or for longer sailing, the islands or go out to the Gulf through Boca Grande Pass.  We are an hour (by car) south of Venice, 1/2 north of Cape Coral and Ft Myers, one hour 15 minutes north of Naples.  We live in a very laid back community, speed limit, 30 mph, canals and slips behind most houses and condos.  Prices are just starting to go up from the 2011 or so low.
We bought in June 2010 and retired in May 2011.  We have spent the last four winters there.  Here's a web site I like for the Punta Gorda area.  Punta Gorda Florida Real Estate - SW Florida Waterfront Homes and Property for Boaters.  I have nothing to do with them, but they have a good RE web site.

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Punta Gorda Florida Real Estate - SW Florida Waterfront ...The Andreae Group specializes in helping boaters or waterlovers find beautiful waterfront homes in Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte, Florida. Neighborhood... |
|  |
| View on liveonthewater.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Here's a condo for sale in our complex:3640 Bal Harbor Blvd #532, Punta Gorda, FL 33950 - MLS C7207743, Michael Saunders & Company

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| 3640 Bal Harbor Blvd #532, Punta Gorda, FL 33950 - ML...Condo for sale at 3640 Bal Harbor Blvd #532, Punta Gorda, FL 33950. View photos, map, and real estate description for MLS C7207743, priced at $209,... |
|  |
| View on www.michaelsaunder... | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

I will be happy to answer any questions.
Barb UhlmanChesterfield, MO
Whisper, #1158

     On Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:28 AM, Jeff <catalina at thehares.com> wrote:

 Any Florida sailors out there?  We are looking for any recommendations on best places to retire / live and sail in Florida for non-millionaires.  :)  Any Catalina owners on this list with marina / boating community suggestions, pros / cons?  We are more into destinations sailing than just day-sailing.

Just curios, thanks.
Jeff and Michelle