[C320-list] Aft water holding tank leaks

tharrison at innovations-plus.com tharrison at innovations-plus.com
Tue Jul 21 16:02:50 PDT 2015

Just wanted to say thanks. I had the whale shut offs the wrong way. This was some of the problem.

I put wraps of extra thick plumbers tape on the threads. It was orange in colour and found at home depo. I asked for heavy duty plumbers tape and it is much thicker than the regular tape.

Filled the front tank twice. Aft tank full as well and both shut off's open.

Sailed on Lake Ontario for about 16 hours, visited three yacht clubs and motored sailed home. Waves as high as 4 feet on one day. (4 day trip).

No leaks around the inspection hatch in the aft tank. I put rags around the inspection port so if it did leak the rags would be wet. They are still dry!

Happy happy - thanks everyone that responded to my question.

Ted Harrison
Hull 424 1997
Magic Moment.

Sent from my iPhone