[C320-list] Microwave oven - need replacement

Welch, Myron D myron-welch at uiowa.edu
Mon Jul 27 08:08:43 PDT 2015

Bruce,

I replaced mine last year with a small Frigidare that I purchased at Lowes. It is slightly larger than the original, but also has more power. I had to cut down the bottom face frame. That made the opening the correct size, but the big problem is that the top of the opening gets shorter as you move outboard and the new microwave is deeper and would not go all the way back. I found that there was an additional board under the microwave. Remove that extra bottom board (and possibly the microwave feet if there are any) and it fits! It is tight and the front edge drops down just behind the new face frame lip which was created when you removed that extra bottom board. With that lip and tight fit I did not have to screw it down like the old microwave. I will be back at the boat next week and can give you the model number and dimensions of the new microwave if needed. If I remember correctly, there were several brands with those same dimensions. The Frigidare was the least expensive and available locally. Please let me know if you need further information.

Myron Welch
Wind Instrument, #238
Iowa City, Iowa
Grace Memorial Harbor