[C320-list] Golf cart battery installation

Amiraults Family amiraults at sympatico.ca
Thu May 7 16:18:08 PDT 2015

Onat:

Several years ago I replaced the original (2001) you-and-three
friends-to-lift pair of house bank wet cell batteries with 4 Trojan AGM 6v
golf cart batteries. My experience was that the height was JUST a fit with
the access boards in place on the starboard settee. They are a tad narrower
than the originals, but as a pair a little longer. Thus I had to remove and
cut one end off the battery trays as the were barely not a fit.

The issue is security. The originals were held in place with a wooden batten
resting on the top of  battery and screwed into the bottom of the settee.
There is no room to do this in the 6v application. It was necessary to buy
and install brackets on the tray and straps to use as a battery hold down on
each of the 6v.

Trust this moves you forward.

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too