[C320-list] Steps for boarding

Dean Vermeire dean at vermeire.us
Sat May 16 08:00:24 PDT 2015

I found that simple steps were not big enough or stabile enough. So, I built a platform about 18 inches high with four 4×4 posts and 2×8s around the top. Think deck.I put 2x8s extending out the front edge to support a single step. I used cedar decking across the platform and step.Finally, I tied it down with angle brackets and put outdoor carpet.Big, sturdy.A tornado will take the boat, but not my steps.
Dean VermeireMoonstruck II (#847)

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6.-------- Original message --------