[C320-list] exhaust blockage

Ted Barto capt.tb at verizon.net
Fri Nov 20 15:00:36 PST 2015

>From Dana Point, the parts are available at Boatswains Locker in Costa Mesa,
they were $350 last time I got them.
http://www.boatswainslocker.com/
Ted S/V NancyB #880

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Burti
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 1:25 PM
To: 320
Subject: Re: [C320-list] exhaust blockage

The replies of the others who have posted about the elbow are most likely
correct, but before you blow a gasket in your wallet, try using the pump on
the Racor fuel filter and stroking it about 10 times. On the series around
our era, there is reportedly a check valve in the fuel return line that
lets air back up into the injectors. Then the engine runs fine but not over
about 1500 RPM. There is a re-plumbing kit available from Yanmar that is a
bit pricey and I've never bothered to fix ours because the re-plumbing is a
bit of a pain and pumping isn't.

Can't hurt to try first.

Chris Burti
Commitment, #867