[C320-list] Starting Issue

Bruce Hunter swampcreek42 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 18:18:42 PDT 2016

My 1st guess would be the start button itself, easy enough to diagnose, just short out the leads on the back of the button, if it still acts funny then go to the solenoid with a remote start trigger switch (cheap device sold at any autozone or such) follow instructions and test low amp circuit on the solenoid, if it doesn't click then it's the low amp circuit in the solenoid, if it does click but the starter doesn't engage then short out the heavy posts on the solenoid with a screw driver and the starter should crank If it does then it's the high amp contact in the solenoid. If STILL acts funny then while you have the remote starter switch hooked to the solenoid as per instructions, pull the trigger and measure the amps going to the starter with a clamp on ammeter around the heavy lead to the starter, I don't remember what the amperage should be but look it up. I doubt the testing will go as far as the clamp-on due to you saying sometimes it fires right up, a failing starter would turn slow (most of the time) so do the other tests before buying a clamp on ammeter...unless you're like me and always looking for an excuse to buy a new tool.