[C320-list] FUEL TANK

Marek Fluder marekf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 20:34:57 PDT 2016

Hi John,
I have recently pulled my tank due to diesel showing up in bilge and under
the tank.
I was not able to find the leak - it remains a mystery, just like in Guy's
case with hull #452
The tank looked solid so I put it back and watch diligently for any signs
of diesel under lowest tank corner - none so far.
I would inspect the tank before deciding on replacement.
Check the thickness of the material - should be on the label
<http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20160622054359965>
.
If 0.125" then you have a thicker material which is less likely to develop
a leak.
This is my take on the diesel tank.
Marek