[C320-list] Bimini pole

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 26 15:36:56 PDT 2016

Jeff, when we bought our #62 in 2004, it came with what you describe. We called it an "awning." There was a 1" tube that was lashed to the aft of back stays. The awning end was wrapped and sewn with openings where the backstays passed through. To erect, the awning was attached to the dodger via zipper then the tube was passed through the sewn end of the awning outside of the backstays. I may have lashed it to the stays or left it held by the tension of the awning, I don't remember. The reason we replaced it with a traditional bimini and connector is that the awning ending at the stays left me in the weather - my ass was wet when it rained, and the sides did not extend beyond the coaming so water often came in the cockpit. Just saying...

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay