[C320-list] Not-Holding-Tank Leak

Larry And Melissa theleibmans at verizon.net
Sun May 22 18:49:33 PDT 2016

Brian,

We had a similar thing happen to us last year. In fact I was concerned enough that i removed the holding tank and checked it for leaks (it was time to replace the sanitation hoses anyway) but found the tank leak free. It continued off and on until at the end of the season when while winterizing the hot water heater I slightly bumped the galley sink drain and the plastic fitting came apart. Turns out the drain fitting is pretty fragile and likely fatigued over the years. The fittings on both sides were cracked. We use our sink a fair bit to wash dishes and I think the gray water that was leaking from the drain collects in the part of the bilge you cant really get to (aft of where the floorboards end). Then during a sail in a decent breeze (particularly on port tack) the water would find its way into the area around the holding tank then into the main bilge. I havent noticed any more since I replaced the drain.

Larry
Easy Going, 609

Sent from my iPad