[C320-list] Rebedding leaky chain plate

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 27 12:09:22 PST 2016

Hi Crosby,

I have hull 688, 2000 model year.  Even though the design was changed to incorporate solid FRP into the thru the deck area for the chainplates, it is possible that it was missed for one of the chainplates.  It was missed on one of my chain plates on the port side.  As I recall I made a tool that removed the material that was between the upper and lower surfaces of the deck and then filled it with a FRP mixture.  After it set up I machined a new hole through the deck and rebedded the chainplate.

Rod Boer
Odyssey, 688