[C320-list] Shroud Turnbuckles; Instead of cotter pins

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 14:53:44 PDT 2016

Watching the thread on "Shroud Turnbuckles" put me in mind of a tip that works. I've replaced the cotter pins in the turnbuckles with a single piece of 3/32" SS welding rod bent into a "U" shape (more like half a rectangle,) and insert the short ends into the holes from the narrow slit side, then bend the short ends down into the turnbuckle. The benefit is no more wrestling with the bent cotter pins, and the welding rod is reusable.
Hope this helps,

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay