[C320-list] CAMCO Water Heater Bypass Winterizing Kit

Rick rsulewski at bex.net
Fri Oct 14 07:02:16 PDT 2016

I can recover a strong solution of about 5 out of the 8 gallons of antifreeze I pour into the water tanks each winterization (one gallon into the stern tank when empty and 7 gallons into the bow tank when it is empty) and after draining and vacuuming out the water from the hot water tank. By adding a fresh 3 gallons of antifreeze to the recovered 5 gallons each successive winterization, I can winterize the entire water system against a hard freeze at a good value for a few minutes of extra work with antifreeze and the wet/dry vac to guarantee NO spring surprises.....has worked like a charm for 21 consecutive winterizations with no spring season leaks and still have the original hot water tank! The biggest reason that hot water tanks fail in hard freeze regions is due to improper/incomplete winterizations practices.