[C320-list] Bleeding fuel lines

Don Johnson donjohn64 at att.net
Mon Oct 31 14:06:51 PDT 2016

Hi Jeff,

It looks like we both have early hulls w/Perkins engines. I have changed my filters a couple of times and had no problems at start up (heard a lot of stories about air in the system, start and shortly after, engine shuts down, etc.). The only difference between the 1st & 2nd time, was that I used the old fuel in the filter to fill both filters the 1st time, and the 2nd, I used new fuel (recommended).

I simply shut off the fuel at the tank, unscrewed the Racor replaceable filter, exchanged it for the new one, filled it w/fuel, and then used the pop up pump on the Racor to fill/top off the filter. I then moved to the small filter on the motor & did the same, fill the filter w/fuel, then used the finger pump on the Motor to top off the filter.

I then crossed my fingers, and started the motor. It started right up both times & never stalled or even sputtered!

Hopefully, yours will go as well!

Don Johnson

Sent from my iPhone