[C320-list] Bottom Job Pics, other odds and ends

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Sat May 13 08:59:15 PDT 2017

I posted a few pictures of the bottom job in various stages of progress
from haul out to splash in the owners gallery in a sub album called bottom
job.   I think it probably gives a fairly decent idea of what all is
involved for those contemplating this type of project next haul out.

I noticed there is the beginning of a list of various changes to the 320 as
a function of hull #on the website.   I think it would be great if everyone
could provide a description of their boat with respect to the various
changes and in order to validate when Catalina made these changes.  I'll
start with what I suspect are the most often asked items. Here...

S/V Wonky Dog
Owners: Troy and Kim Dunn
Hailing Port: Kimberton, PA
Marina: Tidewater Marina, Havre De Grace, MD
Hull #514
Model Year 1998
Manufactured December 1997
Engine: Yanmar 3GM30F Euro
Water Pump Seal: O-ring style
Bilge: Deep
Batteries: 2 x 4D batteries on Starboard side under Setee.
Battery Selector and Panel: Port Side above nav station
Salon Opening Portlights: Old Lewmar 1s with dog latches.   (Replaced with
new style in 2017)
Galley Lockers: Malamine surface (Replaced with custom wood doors 2017)
A/C: aftermarket install in rear port side hatch in aft berth (takes up a
lot of space, makes linear drive install difficult)
Charger: TrueCharge 20, assumed original?
Chainplates: Unknown (assumed FRP surround)
Stern rail seats: bumped out, no cup holders
Deck Plates: all starboard installed.
Instrument Panel: Yanmar Trapezoidal (re-painted 2017 solid white)
Escape hatch in aft berth: none.  (Is this like the one on the 310?)
Furling: Roller furling Genoa with normal mainsail furling on a Dutchman (
replaced with lose footed main, lazy jacks, stack pack in 2017)
Keel: Wing Keel
Prop: 3 blade bronze
Shaft: bronze
Port List: not that we notice (, but we try to keep the aft water tank and
diesel tank full which are both mounted starboard of center.)
Muffler: non-stock part version (, fails around the bottom seam, repairs
are only.a delay tactic, total pain to get replacement muffler, hopefully
when the technology gets just a tad better, someone will laser measure the
muffler platform, openings and tolerances, and start 3D printing these
things.  Based on various forum posts and my own experiences this might be
the most annoying thing about this run of hulls in the 320 line.)