[C320-list] Knot Meter Transducer Cabin Location Question

Ade Bateman ade.bateman at outlook.com
Wed Oct 11 21:16:01 PDT 2017

> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 08:23:00, Guy Smith wrote:
>  Mine is also under the board just forward of the compression
> post. Since I like to remove the transducer when we are away from
> Pleiades, I installed a ring pull in the board that matched the on in
> the bilge cover, removed the screws that were in the board and cut them
> so that when they were reinstalled, the did not bite into the stringers
> below the board any more. Now I can pop the board off and replace the
> transducer plug quickly instead of removing screws.

Mine is also there and a previous owner had also installed a ring pull
that matches the one on the refrigerator lid. The ring had broken off
so I replaced the ring pull when I bought the boat. I just recently
pulled the transducer to clean it. Still not a fan of the process:
opening up a hole in the bottom of the hull gets my heart racing
every time...

Ade.