[C320-list] Propane smell in tank locker

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 13:42:45 PDT 2017

I would also add that there is a locker drain located in the middle of the
propane locker floor.  This would come into play, I would think, not only
for water that may find its way inside but also to drain the
heavier-than-air propane out of the locker in the case of a leak.  The
drain hose leads to a vent fitting on the port side on the lower transom.

I found this line was not draining on my 23-year-old boat when I was
washing out the locker.  Turns out there is a perforated metal screen that
is pushed into the bottom of the vent fitting.  In my case, it was
completely clogged with dirt on the upstream side of the screen.  I removed
the vent fitting, removed and cleaned the screen and now it all drains
fine.  You may be able to remove and clean the screen without removing the
vent fitting if you use some kind of a pick to reach up inside to snag it
(and then you don't drop the screen into the drink).

Regards,

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206
Naples, FL