[C320-list] Autopilot install

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Wed Aug 29 14:26:12 PDT 2018

I installed my Autopilot sensor in the bilge, and the wheel pilot control is mounted on the aft wall of the cockpit locker. The wires were long enough to run up through the guard tubes and into the pedestal area. I installed the cockpit mounted control in a spot in my new Navpod.

For the power wires to the control unit, be sure to use a heavy enough gauge of wire based on the length of the run. I believe I went up one size from the recommended gauge in the manual - new cabling all the way back to the breaker panel - and it has been great. No voltage drops.

I may have photos if anyone wants to see them.

--
Doug Treff
September Song #350 - 1996
doug at treff.us