[C320-list] Subject change: Battery change. Almost there but....

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:30:29 PST 2018

Scott, should this give you any ideas on your panel mounts, this is what I
based my design on:
https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?attachments/pict0001-jpg.36106/
https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?attachments/pict0014-jpg.36109/
https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?attachments/pict0005-jpg.36108/

This design will allow them to be titled on demand (but requires tools to
loosen fittings for adjustment).

I got all the bimini parts from http://www.marinepartdepot.com (buyer
beware with these guys, but my two orders arrived timely, and correct), got
additional 1-1/4" and 1" tubes from amazon (polished aluminum for price
savings), and the sea dog rail clamps from ebay.

I'm going with 2 rigid 160W renogy panels, and 2 Victron MPPT controllers
(everywhere I've read says MPPT works best with one controller per panel).
Each panel/controller routed to one battery (I only have 2).  The built in
bluetooth on these controllers and their smart phone app have really
impressed me.

I'm planning to mount the controllers on the back side of the "bread box"
(the cabinet that sits above the fridge/cooler, extends into the port
cockpit locker, and would put this right next to my shore power
controller.  But the panel wire to the panels sitting about 8' above the
cockpit will have one of the lines about 25' long, when routed.
-Christian