[C320-list] Cooling system

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Thu Oct 11 13:46:53 PDT 2018

Makes sense. Fix it now before your engine dies of a heart attack. Because that's what happens if you let it go. If the elbow clogs, then hot gases melt your exhaust hose. The water has to go somewhere and it could drain down the exhaust manifold and if it gets in the cylinders, you will have a very expensive repair job.

It happened to me and I had a cabin sole covered in exhaust water. The mechanic told me I was very lucky the engine wasn't damaged by waterlock. The cleanup was still expensive but way cheaper than a new engine.

How strong is the water flow out your exhaust? It should be pretty strong especially at higher RPMS. After I installed the new elbow, I noticed a dramatic increase in water flow which tells me it had been restricted for a while.

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us