[C320-list] Price matching

jackbrennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 19 06:26:21 PDT 2018

An interesting aside to this is that West Marine has been de-emphasizing actual boat parts in favor of boat-related clothing and other gear with high mark-ups.
In my local WM, the front two-thirds of the store are devoted to clothes, fishing gear and trinket-type stuff.
The back one-third is boat parts. For many items, you order and it shows up in a day or two.
This is the case even in Fort Lauderdale, which has the largest WM store.
I resisted doing price match yesterday on a Jabsco rebuild kit for the head. Amazon had WM's $90 kit for $60.
Jack BrennanSonas, 1998 Catalina 320, no. 528Tierra Verde, Fl.