[C320-list] Source for LED lights for cabin

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 06:33:30 PDT 2018

Larry, you start with replacements for festoon bulbs then discuss new fixtures. The fixtures on the 320 changed over the years. Initially they were festoon incandescent bulbs, then halogen in fixtures with switches. I assume newer hulls now have LED bulbs.
We have festoon fixtures on our # 62, and some years ago replaced the bulbs with LEDs from MarineBeam.com and have been very happy. They had both warm and cool colors. We still have the original fixtures.
MarineBeam has an interesting technical article about controlling power to LED bulbs. I wonder if the cheap imports have the type of controls that are needed on boats where power can range from 12V to over 14V.
Switching to LEDs can have a significant impact on battery life.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, MD (Chesapeake Bay)