[C320-list] Source for LED lights for cabin

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Tue Oct 23 07:14:09 PDT 2018

Warren,

I'll add to your list - my 1996 (Hull 350) had the halogen (G4 side pin) and the fixtures had no switches. There is a switch panel below and to the right of the microwave with three switches to control various interior lights. In the aft berth was the only place where the halogen fixtures had their own switch. And the Vee berth light fixtures are these giant round domes with old style incandescent. I replaced most of my interior lighting with LED. It has made a huge difference in power consumption. Next up, replacing the fluorescent fixtures in the head and above the stove.

In the halogen fixtures I was able to install these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q9B1ZQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will say that the contact pins are fragile and I broke one while installing it, so order a few extra and be careful.

In the Vee Berth fixtures, I used these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKKJG4C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They use way less power and generate almost no heat.

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us