[C320-list] Seeking tip on fuel filter

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 20 12:48:52 PDT 2018

The latest challenge on my new-to-me 320 is the fuel filter, believe it or not.

It is a Racor 215 series, probably stock, with the twist-on filter. If it has ever been changed in 20 years, it has not been for a long time. I have tried everything to separate the filter from the cap.

Bare hands. A filter wrench. Other wrenches. Nothing works. It’s like it was super-glued together.

I’m thinking I may need to buy a new one online (of course, there are none locally). But I’m wondering whether anyone has a tip for me to solve this puzzle.

Thanks in advance.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320, No. 528
Tierra Verde, Fl.