[C320-list] Asymmetrical Spinnaker Anchor Points

Jeff Smith jeffreyssmith at live.com
Tue Apr 9 13:05:11 PDT 2019

To all,

I just installed my new sails (main and genoa) yesterday, and now it is time to think about an asymmetrical spinnaker. The very knowledgeable salesperson who helped me with the sails talked about an issue with mounting blocks on the stern for the spinnaker sheets. This leaves me to wonder, does anyone else have an asymmetrical set-up? If so, what did you use as your mounting point on the bow and on the stern? Also, for anyone on the Chesapeake Bay, any thoughts on using an asymmetrical spinnaker is also welcome. I reduced my genoa from 155% to 140%, in accordance with some discussions about balance, so I think the asym spin would help in those light winds.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
’94, #121