[C320-list] Rudder Diagrams

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 12:14:37 PDT 2019

 Joe-
Neither drawing references the 320, but at least the older drawing is 1994 (like my boat).  Very little detail/info on the older drawing too. Is Warren sure the older drawing is representative for a 320?
Please follow up about your success with new packing and provide specifics.
I know Catalina Direct sells this repair kit, but I remember another owner did not suggest this approach https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop-by-boat/capri-25/hull-deck/stern/rudder-bearing-epoxy-repair-kit/
Also, did you see Catalina Direct has this rudder retailing ring?  https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop-by-boat/other-catalinas/hull-deck/cockpit/steering/rudder-retaining-ring-fiberglass-c-310-c-320-c-34-c-36/I see they warn about older boats possibly having original aluminum rings and they suggest replacing it with the fiberglass one.

Thanks, Dave Hupe
1994 Cat320 (#32) "Mayan Sun"
Holland, MI