[C320-list] Windlass wiring

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:00:57 PST 2019

Scott-

I'm essentially heading down the same path you are but in small increments
and minus the solar panels.    I've been researching this project to death
and I’m looking forward to actually moving forward with the upgrades.
First up is the alternator, regulator and SG 200 smart monitor.   Once I
get that figured out and working properly I’ll install new batteries.   A
few folks pointed out that upgrading the batteries before upgrading the
alternator would be quite silly.   I concur.  Later I will complete the
battery shelf I started last year (yup...that long) and then combine the
big batteries and install an ACR and start battery.   I haven't yet decided
on whether to go the distance with moving the alternator cable and turning
the start battery into a dedicated start vs. leaving things wired through
the combiner and simply keeping the start battery in reserve.   I figure
those decisions can be made down the road or not at all as time permits.
I have limited time to get the boat ready this spring and there are other
normal boat prep projects that will need to get done, I suspect I will
still be working on the project into the summer.

Graeme-

Your boat is wired exactly like the schematic says my boat is wired.
Somewhere along the line they moved away from that panel and wiring and it
doesn’t appear that it was ever documented.

Troy