[C320-list] Forward fresh water tank

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 7 13:53:54 PDT 2019

 I had a forward leak recently that I had a lot of trouble pinpointing.  It turned out to be a leak from the port side front leg of the bow pulpit.  I was able to squeeze my head in under/around the anchor locker pan after removing the front v-berth teak panel.  I was able to see water dripping down the wires that come from the bow running lights and extend down that bow pulpit leg.
I was able to loosen the 2 screws on the pulpit leg (they screw into a plate embedded in the deck), and lift the leg just enough to clean underneath, squeeze in 4000 UV fast cure sealant, and then tighten the leg back down and clean up the squeezed out excess sealant. All good now.  However, I echo Chris' guidance about sealing your water tank top port with Teflon tape and not filling too high.
Dave Hupe
1994 Cat320 (#32) "Mayan Sun"
Holland, MI