[C320-list] FWIW Uploaded some pics of Battery/davit/solar/alternator project to my album

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Wed May 15 19:46:51 PDT 2019

Scott

Good stuff and ditto.  Just completed phase 1 of our DC Power Upgrade which
includes 120A Alt, Pulley upgrade, SG200 Smart Shunt, MC 614 Regulator and
ACR.   Panel LEDs for ACR and MC614.   Pictures loaded to owners gallery.
Various stages of the project captured.

I included schematics of the original wiring, the current setup and the
future set up as well.

Thanks to Danny Jensen, Warren Updike, Jeff Hare, and Allan Fields as well
as all the other folks Danny already credited in his upgrade blog which I
probably missed.

Thanks to Rod Collins at Compass Marine.  (Aka Mainesail). Rod's website (
marinehowto.com) and in depth discussions should all be read thoroughly by
anyone attempting this level of upgrade.   I purchased as many of the items
for my upgrade as I could from Rod.

Now that everything is working as expected, my next step will be to replace
the 6 year old FLAs and then to combine the 4Ds into a single larger bank
and add a smaller Group 27 reserve.  Still haven’t convinced myself on FLA
vs AGM but hey, it's only been about 16 months of contemplating this
upgrade...I can procrastinate on that decision a little longer.

If someone needs a specific picture I didn’t capture...let me know and I
can try to get a better picture next time I’m on the boat.

Troy Dunn
Hull #514
Wonky Dog