[C320-list] Chainplate leak

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 08:03:22 PDT 2019

Doug,
I rebedded all of mine 3 years ago, but timed the job when my mast was down
for inspection.  I followed a C320 IA article written by Chris Burti and
updated by Warren Updike, to a T.

Here's the article: https://c320.org/article.php/20161031044811487

None of it is hard.  It's very tedious.  The most frustrating part, to me,
was dealing with the struts.  The large flat head screw attaching the
shroud to the chainplate can be a bit difficult, and the the space to
access the bottom strut chain plate is VERY tight.

Compass Marine HIGHLY suggest beveling the top side chainplate bolt holes
in the fiberglass, especially if you use butyl tape as a sealeant.  You are
prone to develop cracks around the holes if you don't.  I did this step.

Some pics of steps in my process:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhaWEbLFCkH/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhc0BQCFjOr/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhfYetRHAu3/