[C320-list] Starter Battery and Fuel Tank Question and Parts3Engines.com Warning

sail-ability at sympatico.ca sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 24 07:59:17 PDT 2019

You have done well to get 8/9 years from that bty. It sounds like your system is wired wrong. I have starter bty on position #2 house#1 and both on both. They charge independently and both on both.
As far as your fuel tank, you can suck out the fuel using an oil extractor. Diesel fuel will not harm it but gasoline will. I did this and took the tank to a rad repair facility for an inspection and cleaning. It’s difficult but the tank comes out through the hatch in the aft cabin once you remove the door and frame. Some of the older tanks were leaking so I wanted the insurance. Turned out the tank was fine but it was dirty.
JohnM
1999#574

Sent from my iPhone