[C320-list] Fuel Tank Issue

Mike Mellon mmellon at cruzio.com
Tue Apr 21 11:23:30 PDT 2020

Hello, David.  Several years ago, we were having the same kind of fuel
contamination problems, needing to change fuel filters often.   We used
a mobile fuel tank cleaning service here in the SF Bay Area, and you
probably have one too.   They removed the tank from the boat (pretty
easy to do but some effort), removed the sender transducer, then cleaned
it by cycling the fuel that was in it through multiple filters on their
equipment and high pressure spraying the interior of the tank.   Then
the cleaned fuel was put back into the tank.

No problems since.

You might want to compare the cost of this with the cost of a new tank.

On the other hand, If the physical condition of the tank is poor (rust,
pinholes developing) then a new tank would likely be a good choice.

Mike Mellon, LaVida, 1996 320 #324

--
Michael Mellon
45 Ortalon Ave