[C320-list] Water Tank Seal

Jeffrey Kapec jkapec at tkdg.com
Mon Aug 3 13:03:42 PDT 2020

Scott:

I too had a leak problem for the access port in the water tanks.  I was able
to find a replacement for the O-ring at my local Ace hardware store.  A
well-stocked store will have an O-Ring replacement in the small parts
drawers. Bring your original old O-ring.   In addition to replacing the
O-rings front and rear tank I also used Teflon tape on the thread as any
plumber would do for this type of thread.  Had to gently tap the cover
closed with a screw driver and a light weight hammer to compress the O-ring.
Think like a surgeon when applying force.  Check after you fill the tank.
My outcome.No leaks even when over filling.

Jeffrey Kapec

Petite Suite:  Hull 718

Tanaka Kapec Design Group

11 Brookfield St.   Norwalk, CT 06851