[C320-list] Leak from broken screw head in water pump

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 14:40:16 PDT 2020

The broken screw is likely very small (maybe a #4 or#6 machine screw or close metric) and very hard to be able to drill into the shank of the screw and use an easy out.  Is it possible instead to drill straight through the broken screw and either use a tap to create new threads in the body of the pump (for an appropriate sized new machine screw) or could you instead drill straight through and is there room behind to use a screw with a nut?
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32
Holland, MI

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 1:13 PM, Joe Luciano<jnluciano at comcast.net> wrote:   Not sure how small the diameter of your screw is, but they make a tool called an easy out, where you drill a small hole into the broken off screw and then insert the tool to back it out.  I had to use it one time on a shift lever for an Edson pedestal where the screw head broke off leaving the shaft inside the threaded hole. May be an option for you…..

Joe Luciano
C-320 #1024