[C320-list] Marvair Condensation Removal Kit

mseyler at cox.net mseyler at cox.net
Mon Aug 17 12:32:56 PDT 2020

I'm thinking about buying a Marvair CR330 condensation removal kit to remove
condensation from the air conditioning on my 320, but have run into a
potential problem with the way it would have to be installed.  The
condensation drain from the evaporator/air handler appears to be a few
inches lower than  the through-hull for the cooling water discharge from the
condenser/compressor unit. (Both units sit on a shelf above the fuel tank in
my starboard lazarette, but the discharge comes from the top of the
compressor and the condensate drains from the bottom of the air handler.)

Does anyone know whether the venturi in the Marvair CR330 generates enough
suction to lift the condensation a few inches to the discharge line?  I
looked at the installation guide on-line, but it doesn't directly address
the question.  And I tried e-mailing the manufacturer, but haven't received
any substantive response.

So do any of you have any information based on your own experience?  Any
help would be appreciated.

Mark Seyler

S/V Reality,

Catalina 320, #232