[C320-list] Head backing up

David Veeneman davidv at veeneman.com
Fri Aug 28 10:18:10 PDT 2020

Thanks to all for your advice on the head back-up. Turned out, it was the ‘joker’ valve on the head. I’d generally recommend checking that first. The valve is a simple rubber part, and it replaces easily in about five minutes. I got mine for $15 from Amazon, and there’s a Jabsco video on YouTube that shows how to replace the valve.

When I replaced the joker valve on my head, the old one looked fine, and I certainly didn’t see anything in the line that would have prevented it from seating properly. Nonetheless, replacing the valve solved the problem immediately. A quick and easy fix.

--
David Veeneman
Dana Point, CA