[C320-list] How far offshore?

David Veeneman davidv at veeneman.com
Sun Aug 30 17:03:28 PDT 2020

I don’t claim to be an expert, but I wouldn’t sail bluewater without a full keel, a center cockpit and a small companionway. I love my 320, but it would be risky as hell to take her to Hawaii or on the milk run. If all went well, it would be a great trip. But if we ran into weather, we’d be in trouble.

With that said, I do plan to take Adelante down to Cabo on the Baja Ha Ha at some point, and to do some cruising on the Sea of Cortez. But by and large, that’s more of a coastal cruise, even though the weather can get rough on the Ha Ha.

--
David Veeneman
Dana Point, CA