[C320-list] Lightning

Tom Grass tgrass462 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 07:12:08 PST 2020

Wondering about lightning protection on Catalina 320 boats?  I don't
believe they come grounded (mast to keel) from the factory - wondering what
the members of this forum have done in an attempt to minimize the impact of
a possible lightning strike?

Also what is the collective opinion of installing a Forespar Performance
Products Forespar Lightning Master™ - Static Dissipater
on your mast?  We're planning on sailing down to the Chesapeake Bay and
perhaps to the Bahamas in 2021 - just preparing in advance.

Thanks,

Tom and Tracy Grass
Bucket List
2008 Catalina 320 MK II