[C320-list] Racor filter “blocked”

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 15:22:40 PDT 2020

Everyone except me knows this, right?

I’ve just launched my 320 and as usual fitted new fuel filter to the Racor

It turns out that I didn’t quite fully screw down the priming pump knurled nut.  Turns out that if you dont tighten it fully there’s a restriction to the flow - potentially a complete blockage

The engine ran for about five minutes before dying.

Fortunately I was test running it ashore before lift in, so had time to trouble shoot and discover the issue

As I had to motor away from the dock with minimal water under me in a falling tide, I’m glad I test ran it for more than a minute or two!

Hope this helps someone else!

Graeme
1996
UK