[C320-list] Fridge compressor replacement

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Sun Jul 12 13:38:37 PDT 2020

24 years wasn’t a bad life but my compressor/condenser unit has finally given up.

It still runs actually but has corroded away in its rather exposed position underneath the gas locker and lost all the refrigerant!

It’s really not a great location ( I think) and I’m thinking of siting the replacement elsewhere. Not least because the installation will be substantially cheaper if I can keep the pipe run under 6ft

Has anyone done this and where did you put it? Were you able to reuse the thermostat and evaporator plate inside the fridge or did you have to replace everything?

Did you do it yourself or use an installer?

All thoughts welcome

Graeme
1996
“Jaskar”