[C320-list] Traveler woes

mseyler at cox.net mseyler at cox.net
Sat Jun 13 07:32:39 PDT 2020

The traveler is an upgrade on my to do list.  Catalina Direct has an upgrade package, and has photos to help you figure out which version you have.  The hard part will be getting the old traveler car off the track.  On my No. 232 the cam cleats for the traveler control lines are mounted underneath the track, and you can't take the car off the track without either removing the through-bolt holding the track down, or cutting off the cam cleat flush with the track.  If you're lucky, you might be able to remove the bolt.  But it's a slot-head screw on top, and hard to get enough force on it to break it loose after being in place for 25+ years on my boat.  I'm reluctant to cut off the cam cleat, but either Catalina Direct or Garhauer can sell you a package that includes new cam cleats that slide onto the track with the new car.

If you do the upgrade, please take pictures, and either post them in an album or share them off-list, as I'm going to have to do this project one of these days.  Good Luck.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality,
Catalina 320, #232
New Orleans, LA