[C320-list] Question for upper Chesapeake owners.

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 16:15:09 PDT 2020

We sailed Shaw Bay (great dog spot!) to Swan Creek (not so great dog spot
unless you get a slip or a mooring ball at SCM...) last summer through Kent
Narrows.   No problems at all, however given all the reviews of the
constant eastward shift of the north shoal we planned that part of our trip
to catch it about 2 hours before high tide...just in case.  After our
experience in Hurricane Matthew with Fairlee Creek I would avoid anything
with an MLLW depth of 6’ or less in a heavy and prolonged north wind, it
seems like the upper Chesapeake can lose another 2 feet of water when that
happens.

FWIW

Troy Dunn
hull #514