[C320-list] Replacement Controller For Factory Installed Solar Panel

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Mon Mar 9 11:03:04 PDT 2020

I have the older Victron unit without the bluetooth output and have been
very happy with it. I purchased a separate solar charge monitor from
Victron that was easy to mount and tells me everything I want to know
about the solar panels and controller, albeit not on my phone. I also
use a Victron battery monitor.

Regarding MPPT vs other controller technology, my understanding is that
in order to get the full advantage of MPPT you need to raise the max
voltage of your solar array above 12v. I did this by hooking three
panels on the Bimini in series. The disadvantage is that if even one is
shaded then the whole array produces no output. This has not been a
problem for me.

--
Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653