[C320-list] Video of Gore GFO Packing Gland Adjustment for almost drip free operation

danny jensen danny at jensenshouse.com
Wed Oct 28 10:32:05 PDT 2020

I just videoed the process of adjusting my Gore Packing that started
dripping while in the slip. I recorded this more for myself so I could
remember what I did.  My main source of info is Jeff Hare. However, I may
not be doing things correctly. The goal is to not get the backing nut too
hot and not to have unreasonable tension on the prop shaft while being
almost tripless at 3000 rpm. The video and sound is a compromise.

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/vCdlbqAn16A