[C320-list] 2 minute video on Adjusting Throttle Tension on Edson Pedestal

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 09:39:41 PDT 2020

 Dave-
>From your experience, wouldn't a simple, much  less expensive cable clamp like this to be able to squeeze the cable slightly do the same? https://www.e-rigging.com/three-thirty-seconds-inch-stainless-wire-rope-clips
Note .... you must take off the end parenthesis in the link you provided at West Marine for it to work.
Dave Hupe

    On Friday, October 30, 2020, 12:23:35 PM EDT, David Veeneman <davidv at veeneman.com> wrote:

 If you don’t have a throttle tension screw on your binnacle, there is a small piece of hardware, called a throttle brake:

www.westmarine.com/buy/seastar-solutions--throttle-cable-brake-for-3300-4600-6400-series-cable--162018)

It will run you about $25. It attaches to your throttle cable—I have mine close to my engine, and a screw on the unit adjusts the friction on the cable. Solved my problem pretty easily.

--
David Veeneman
SV Adelante, C320 #131