[C320-list] How far offshore?

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 15:34:01 PDT 2020

Guy

Right...lots of things to think about.

I could be persuaded to attempt circumnavigation of DelMarVa IFF we rented
a liferaft and an EPIRB.  That would be about all I would be willing to
attempt in a C320.    True story...just last night I was musing on this and
went to the ARC site to see what the distance was for the ocean leg.... 150
miles... So there I was calculating fuel consumption at 2500 rpms, speed
thru water, current, etc.    I concluded that in order to ensure a speedy
trip even in the likely event of no wind in August....I would probably want
to carry 10 extra gallons of diesel just to be safe....   of course you
could hug the coast and tuck in at Chincoteague and again at Ocean City,
but....that would add a minimum of two days to the trip.

I can see how you might be able to completely refit the C320 to make it
work off soundings...I still think you would not enjoy the feel of the
ride...

FWIW

Troy