[C320-list] E-T-A circuit breaker for Anchor Windlass - Push-Pull Actuator?

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Thu Sep 17 09:09:14 PDT 2020

Bob

I’m guessing that the use of a CB for a switch is because these items can potentially be dangerous if un-knowingly switched on by accident? There is no way you are going to switch on the windlass when you meant to turn on the gas, for example!

Also the high current would not be sustainable on a small rocker switch I suspect, so you would then need a relay. Easier to use the cb instead?

Our water heater cb is push-push - as are all those shore-voltage breakers. Push in to set and push in again, harder, to unset.

If I was to replace my windlass breaker, I’d obviously still ensure there was circuit protection but I’d probably then fit a guarded switch like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Fastronix-Toggle-Switch-Aircraft-Safety/dp/B01BJ4LXPG <https://www.amazon.com/Fastronix-Toggle-Switch-Aircraft-Safety/dp/B01BJ4LXPG>

HTH

Graeme